Effective lead nurturing is a strategy for acquiring a list of contacts interested in a company’s activities or products. After collecting these contacts comes the most challenging task: converting the user’s interest into a sale.
Lead Nurturing Importance To Digital Marketing
Today’s consumers have more and more power to make purchasing decisions. Hence, companies must take special steps every day to connect with potential customers. In an increasingly competitive market full of promotional opportunities, consumers increasingly expect more personalized and multi-channel communications. Users want to be heard, and companies want to create relationships that try as much as possible to convey trust.
The Purpose Of Lead Nurturing
Lead nurturing is a communication activity that is carried out from the user’s first contact request to the actual purchase. The purpose of lead nurturing is a dialogue with a potential customer. Provides useful information that will make him prefer your company, products and services over your competitors. This is why Lead Nurturing is an integral part of a successful marketing strategy. It represents the process of building relationships with potential customers through multiple communication channels.
For managing customer relationships, it is necessary to carefully analyze their needs and communicate without intrusively trying to offer. By sharing useful information, you build credibility and trust. Hence, you share your knowledge and experience to improve its perception and reputation.
Steps For Following Lead Nurturing Strategy:
- Know your audience: Analyze and segment the list of collected contacts and try to identify user interests and needs. Create subcategories and send specific and targeted messages to them.
- Use various channels: Once you’ve captured users’ interest with your online content, you can create a dialogue through multiple channels. Email marketing is the most effective tool to reach your contacts personally. Other possible channels are: phone, SMS, or WhatsApp.
Use of Social Networks
Social networks (Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin) allow you to send private messages to your users or quickly respond to their support requests.
- Identify the stages of the buying process. Each user has their own sensibility and decision-making process, learn to follow the users’ reaction.
- Analyze their interactions with your posts and periodically identify the level of interest and engagement. Email marketing management programs allow you to control the open rate of the emails you send and the percentage of clicks on the links you add to the message. Only with this analysis can you better know your goals and improve your communication.
- Define your goals: Don’t just think about sales. The keywords of the lead nurturing process are consistency and relevance.
- Inform the customers making them trust and solving all doubts about product quality, experience and service quality.
- Increase awareness of the brand by sending continuous messages that are not strictly promotional or upselling.
- Get qualified customers who are interested in the company’s activities and convinced that they have found a solution to their problem.
- Gain confidence: turn your contacts into promoters of your business.
Apply effective lead nurturing in your marketing strategy to gain long term customer loyalty. After collecting the list of contacts you will have to feed them, educate them, and win their interest. Read more about the lead nurturing benefits and nurturing calling on our blog!