Efficient virtual assistant will lead your business to its new level. The popularity of outsourcing certain office tasks has risen. Anyone who provides online administrative and professional services to individuals and businesses remotely is often called a virtual assistant. These individuals are usually professionals who have a set of business skills but have chosen to work independently for their own convenience. However, this role is not only limited to individuals, but also to some companies that may have decided to offer virtual services.
Why To Outsource?
- No need for physical working space – you can save on the cost of having a physical office, because you no longer have to pay rent. Especially Small Business Owners (SBO) can take advantage of this.
- Diversity of services – you get the best services because you can hire talent from outside your locality.
- Better focus – outsourcing some tasks to a VA will help you earn time to focus on your other areas of expertise. This will increase your productivity as an individual or as a company.
- Easy HRM – managing people can be challenging. Therefore, outsourcing tasks saves your stress. All you have to do is relax and have the work done for you. You also save on employee training costs by outsourcing tasks.
The Skills Of an Efficient Virtual Assistant
To be successful in any VA role, you must have the basic skills to perform your duties appropriately. Skills include:
- Communication Skills – learn to communicate effectively both visually and verbally to meet customer expectations. Choose your preferred form of communication such as social media platforms, emails, text messages and so on. Also, be transparent.
- Computer and word processing Skills – You must have a basic understanding of the use of Microsoft services (word, excel, e.t.c) and its features, basic internet skills and other related skills.
- Organizational and strategic planning skills – you must have the ability to organize yourself and create a good strategy to deliver your services effectively. In addition, it is important to learn how to use your time properly. You should be able to time yourself properly and focus on your tasks.
- Good personal skills – you must be trustworthy and reliable. No company or individual would want to hire an irresponsible VA.
- Cloud service skills – Password Manager, Google Voice, and File sharing services will enhance your productivity rate.
- Desire to learn more
Virtual Assistant Tasks
- Administrative tasks – billing, payroll, invoices
- Travel arrangements and bookings
- Social relations – creating social groups and media polls, managing posts, and ads
- Project management
- Digital Marketing and SEO management – website ranking, promotional and advertising posts, product launch, email marketing, and pitch branding e.t.c.
- Reports and Data Entry
- Finance management
- Content creation – articles, blogs, business proposals, web content, ebook and newsletter writing, proofreading and editing, etc.
- Research Services – health, licensing, educational, promotional.
- Customer care services
- Email management
- Web development
- Audio and video editing as well as graphic designs
- Tutoring services
- Online Translations
- Technical services – checking broken links, building membership sites, web design and maintenance, website traffic tracking
Sources Of Virtual Assistants
You can either outsource tasks to an individual or a company providing VA services. Below are some freelance sites you can check out when you need VA services:
Pros and Cons of Being a Virtual Assistant
The advantages of being an efficient virtual assistant include:
- You have time to yourself to manage as you wish
- You can choose the service you want
- Complete freedom, no stress about always having to put on office clothes every morning
- It doesn’t cost much to become a VA
- You can charge the fee you want
The disadvantages of being a virtual assistant include:
- Lack of concentration and distraction.
- No work organization benefits such as insurance, paid vacations and the like.
- You miss human interaction and friendship
- You have to be active. You can only do the work yourself.
- Information security risks
Take advantage of the digital world as an individual, company or organization to find the services you are looking for at an affordable price.
In addition, if you are looking to outsource an efficient virtual assistant, you can contact Katrium for contact center, content, business support and research services.