Call center services when outsourced help different companies to deal with increased level of competition inside industries. The operation of the call center is one of the most important areas of the company, regardless of whether it is outsourced or not. The call service covers customer or commercial attention, which produces significant benefits for the company. Outsourcing call services is another competitive advantage for reducing costs, maximizing profitability and acquiring customers.
Outsourcing call services saves valuable time and productive resources. Call centers handle all kinds of customer service issues, from credit cards to device warranties. Companies outsource either internally, through a separate division, or to an external expert. Companies found that it was more cost effective to locate their call centers in areas where the cost of living is lower. This allows them to pay their employees lower wages.
What Is Outsourcing?
In general, outsourcing is the management or execution of a business function by an external service provider. Hence, the outsourcer company must transfer part of the administrative and operational control to the outsourced one.
As can be seen, many companies hire specialized outsourcing firms to manage the areas that benefit from outsourcing the most. These include IT, human resources, asset and property management, and accounting. Many companies also outsource customer support and call management, manufacturing and design.
To conclude, all center outsourcing is the acquisition of an external service provider to manage the call center. The outsourced service provider is usually responsible for hiring and training call center agents. They are also responsible for maintaining the call center’s software, as well as managing the day-to-day operations.
Benefits Of Outsourcing Call Center
- Cost advantages: There are numerous phone service providers in other countries that offer quality services at very reasonable costs. Lower costs are one of the reasons for outsourcing, especially when companies can get better services.
- Increased sales: Any call center service can help improve your company’s profits. It can even lead to growth in all areas of the core business, given the improvements in quality, performance and productivity.
- Availability of resources: With the help of outsourcing call center services, you can secure your personnel budget (recruitment, maintenance and training) and your infrastructure (installation and update). Without investing in training costs or expensive software, you can use your resources to focus specifically on business processes.
- Specialized Skills: Call center outsourcing can help you gain the technical knowledge of experienced professionals. You can take advantage of these advantages to gain more customers worldwide and appreciate international markets that you previously had no access to.
The availability of a 24-hour service makes it possible to face the regressive cycle of the economy and forms a global customer market.
Disadvantages Of Outsourcing Call Center
- Decreased customer satisfaction: Recent studies showed that outsourcing phone services in call centers reduces service quality and customer satisfaction.
- Language and cultural barriers: Representatives based abroad may lack the cultural knowledge, fluency and communication skills needed to provide excellent support.
- Diminished control of business functions: By outsourcing the operation of the call center to an external service provider, you put the essential business functions in the hands of the outsider. Because of this, it can be more difficult to control quality and create policies that help increase customer satisfaction.
- Lack of company knowledge: Outsourced call center representatives are often unfamiliar with its culture, practices and values. Therefore, they may not offer a level of service that meets the company’s standards and reflects the company’s culture.
As stated, outsourcing consists of third parties performing tasks that are complementary to the company’s main mission. It therefore consists of outsourcing part of the company’s operations. In this way, the company has all internal resources at its disposal to improve and optimize its main operations.
While planning to outsource call center services, Katrium can be suggested as it always exceeds the needs of its customers. You can outsource customer service, translations, and many more services to Katrium.