Call center customers consist of many types. The daily business of call center employees includes dealing with the most diverse customers. One characteristic of this business field is to meet different customer needs. Therefore, the leaders of the organisation are supposed to be prepared for the challenges of delivering value to every customer. Find some of the most common call center customer types in this post!
9 Types of Call Center Customers
1. Refusing Call Center Customer
An opposing client doesn’t hide his character. They communicate passively through offensive comments. This type of customer is not used to interacting pleasantly. Mostly they call a call center because they are unsatisfied with their current situation. Dealing with the refusing customer:
- Try to put yourself in their role
- Stay calm all the time
- Consider problem-oriented solutions
- Act friendly
- Keep the conversation on a professional level
2. Favourable Customer
A favourable customer begins a conversation with a pleasant welcome. In common, it’s easy to communicate with them. If the consultation were made grand, you would receive positive feedback. So, how to deal with such positive customers?
- Let them understand that you value their feedback.
- To improve further conversations, you should record feedback.
- You should remember to be a professional agent and lead the conversation during the call.
3. Disoriented Customer
The disoriented type of customer is difficult to understand. They feel helpless and not familiar with the service they purchased. Under these circumstances, they need an exact leaded conversation.
- Ask your questions in a logical context so that they can follow you.
- Make sure that every step you take will be beneficial.
- The customer should feel supported with his problem.
4. Smart Customer
The smart customer is self-confident and believes in knowing everything. Usually these customers trust only their opinion. They will most probably correct you, be prepared for this.
- Maintain your leading position in a pleasant way
- Positively transmit constructive criticism.
- If information sounds incorrect, check it twice and avoid misunderstandings.
5. Timeless Customer
- Be aware that the facial expressions are also audible in the voice
- Try not to stray from the subject
- Please give them the feeling they listen and don’t hurry up.
6. Undecided Customer
Undecided customers are not comfortable with the situation. In these circumstances, communication problems are probable. Hence, the use of correct information is essential.
- Ask questions that can be easily answered.
- If the customer needs help with understanding you, take some time and ask your question multiple times.
- Be professional through difficult conversations.
7. Frustrated Call Center Customer
This type of customer acts emotionally, feeling misunderstood and wanting compensation. During the conversation, some differences in opinion are possible. Only certain solutions will actually fit frustrated call center customers.
- Give them space to complain. Keep a calm voice.
- Keep the conversation on the topic.
- Be tolerant, but don’t let the customer control the conversation.
8. Relaxed Customer
Customers in this category are willing to follow your instructions, aware of the need for help. There is a strong belief in your competence, and discussions are undesired.
- Identify the customer’s attributes to deliver a tailor-made solution.
- Monitor the conversation and encourage the customer.
- Do not be afraid to take a diversion.
- You want to satisfy the customer and receive positive feedback.
9. Customer with High Expectations
You must provide this type of customers with a perfect solution that exceeds their needs. Some of these customers tend to take control of the conversation.
- Put yourself in their situation, and make clear you have understand the problem
- Lead the conversation
- Present yourself as a highly-skilled agent
- Show your knowledge
Call Center Customers – Overview
This post covers the 9 most important types of call center customers. In order to raise the general level of customer satisfaction of the organization, it is necessary to distinguish different customer characteristics. By applying this information to your personal understanding of customer service in the call center area, you can already improve your performance! However, if you are interested in getting even more valuable insights for improving customer satisfaction, feel free to contact us!